Goalkeeping

Goalkeeping

EQ

Working EQ: "How can a goalkeeper best avoid having goals scored against her during a soccer game?"

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Blog 13: Lesson 2 Reflection

1. Positive Statement

  • I am most proud of my ability to engage the audience.  I came through with a few surprises, like dropping an egg on the floor and making references people understand like Finding Nemo.  Getting a serious grasp of my classmates' attention was a top priority of mine.
2. Assessment

  • Speaking to the fact that I'm not entirely sure how to reach an AE at this point in the project, I would give myself a strong P+.  
  • My activity and hook were entertaining and allowed for plenty of audience interaction.  I hit time and all of the other P considerations.  The audience seemed really engaged while I was presenting.
3. What worked?

  • I think the thing that worked the best for me was linking the sources and research to what I was speaking about in my presentation.  Many people just through out their research at the end, I incorporated it throughout my presentation.
4.  What would I change?
  • Assuming the time machine allows time around me to stop and me to continue to get things done, I would have liked to have more time between lesson approval and the day I actually presented.  Having an entire week between presentations seems kind of unfair.  Had I had more time to prepare my presentation I feel the quality of the actual powerpoint could have been better.
5. Potential Answer?
  • I've contemplated using concentration, technical training, and tactical training.  I haven't worked out the kinks yet, but I think at this point tactical training will be my best bet for the next answer, however, I will see how my mentorship changes this point of view.


1 comment:

  1. We did the two days over two weeks so we could be more attentive as we assessed, but I see what you mean. I will chat a bit with the senior team about it. If you had gone over four consecutive days, did you feel like getting the rough drafts back a week ahead was enough time?

    ReplyDelete