Goalkeeping

Goalkeeping

EQ

Working EQ: "How can a goalkeeper best avoid having goals scored against her during a soccer game?"

Monday, January 6, 2014

Blog 10: Senior Project, The Holiday

  1. During the break, I completed several sources for my working bibliography and got in a few hours of mentorship.  I also continued my training for my independent component.  I feel I got a lot accomplished over this 2 week break.
  2. One of the most important things I learned over the break, is that training with someone you used to coach is difficult.  I do my personal training with Kim Nemeth, my mentor.  She coaches me during practices twice a week.  While I was her assistant coach for the Girls Under 14 team, I coached a young girl named Alexa.  Now that her season is over, she is training with me, under Kim, to keep her fit during the off season since she will be starting club this Spring.  One day during practice I noticed I was coaching her rather than being more of an equal.   At that point I realized I really do enjoy coaching and hope to continue with that hobby after I complete college.
  3. To answer my EQ, I feel my best sources would be my Mentor, Kim Nemeth, and the Cal Poly goalkeeping coach, Janet Cassidy.  Janet Cassidy helped train the England National Team Goalkeeper when she was a player in Chino Hills and surrounding areas.  She has has experience with all age levels and ability levels making her a well rounded coach.  She also played on the USA Under 13 Academy Team.

No comments:

Post a Comment