Goalkeeping

Goalkeeping

EQ

Working EQ: "How can a goalkeeper best avoid having goals scored against her during a soccer game?"

Thursday, February 6, 2014

Blog 14: Independent Component 1

Literal:

  • "I, Sarah Solar, affirm that I have completed my independent component which represents 30 hours of work."
  • My mentor, Kim Nemeth, and my coach, Andre De La Rambelje helped me the most, since they're my coaches.  They were the ones that coached me through my training from the start of the year for this particular component.
  • [here is the link to my hours]
  • I completed over 30 hours of personal and team training as a goalkeeper.  I worked on both tactical and technical skills that improved my knowledge of the game and the position.
Interpretive:

  • I spent several hours each week during the season to complete these hours.  During the games I played, I definitely learned the definitions of tactical vs. technical training.  I trained or was playing during every single minute of the hours I have submitted.  During games I was both playing and analyzing what could have been done better.  During my training I was learning the ways that focus and the psychological aspect of goalkeeping needs to be overcome.
  • Here are the images showing some of what I did during independent component.  Please excuse the poor quality of a few of the images, the person taking the images was using a device they had never used before.
Applied:

  • I furthered my knowledge of the foundation of my topic my immersing myself in the actual activity through games and training.  The best way to gather knowledge of a sport is to actually play the game, and that is exactly what I was doing.
  • Example 1: During my training I entered the psychological side of goalkeeping during high diving.  I was required to dive over a rope (approximately 2 feet off the ground).  This is a drill I've always had trouble with, and my mentor, Kim Nemeth, has constantly reassured me that if I forget about everything and stop thinking, that I will finally make the jump to proficiency.
  • Example 2:  During my mentorship one day, I was introduced to the difference and associations of tactical vs. technical training.  During a game shortly after I learned that, I actually experienced it and thought about it.  During the game you use tactical (in game) moves.  You don't focus on the technical (or proper technique) during saves.  In fact, you don't think about it much at all.  But both are extraordinarily important.

No comments:

Post a Comment