Goalkeeping

Goalkeeping

EQ

Working EQ: "How can a goalkeeper best avoid having goals scored against her during a soccer game?"

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Summer Mentorship Component

Literal:

1. This is my mentorship log outlining what I did at each training session.
2. Kim Nemeth, Personal Goalkeeper Trainer and AYSO Coach, 909-573-6378
    and Jeff Tackett, Southern California School of Goalkeepers Director and former Cal Poly Pomona       Assistant Coach, 909-229-7929
3. What direction do I want to head with this as my senior project?
    Do I want to do the training side of goalkeeping, or the athlete side of goalkeeping?

Interpretive:

4. Coming into contact with the number of goalkeeping coaches that I did this summer is perhaps the         most valuable thing I have gained from this experience.  Not only Jeff Tackett, but all of Kim                 Nemeth's trainers, and Jeff's colleagues.  I have so many people I can outreach to if I need help with       something.

Applied:

5. Being on the field several times per week helping to coach goalkeepers has not only showed me that     I am really passionate about the position, but that there are a million and one things I can continue to       learn.  Helping train goalkeepers of all ages has shown me an inside look at the progression I took         when I was younger.  That birds eye view has helped my game on the field, but it is also an                   interesting perspective of the game that I've never really seen.  I can't wait to continue helping Kim         Nemeth and Jeff Tackett with their training for the rest of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment