Goalkeeping

Goalkeeping

EQ

Working EQ: "How can a goalkeeper best avoid having goals scored against her during a soccer game?"

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Blog 4: Interview Preperation

1. I plan to interview Kim Nemeth.  I have chosen her as my first interview because she is not only my main mentor, but is also a very skilled goalkeeper.  She has been a goalkeeper herself for a long time, and has improved my game tremendously over the several years that she has been my trainer.

2.  My additional questions:

  • Do you plan on trying to make coaching young goalkeepers a full time job? Or just a part time hobby?
  • How long have you been training keepers individually?
  • How would you describe you coaching style to a new client of yours?
  • I grew up in the AYSO system playing soccer.  It was very rare that there was anyone other than me that wanted to play in goal full time, and the number of competent young girls (and boys) wanting to play the position seems to have declined.  What training and advice would you give a group of young kids to get them excited rather than terrified of the position?
  • How many years of keeper specific training did you have before you felt you were completely confident in goal? 
    • Did you even have keeper specific training along with team training before you made the college team?

No comments:

Post a Comment