Goalkeeping

Goalkeeping

EQ

Working EQ: "How can a goalkeeper best avoid having goals scored against her during a soccer game?"

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Blog 22: Senior Presentation Reflection

1. Positive Statement

  • I'm probably most proud of the way I handled myself during the presentation.  Even with glitches from the powerpoint/computer, I was still able to continue with my presentation without a hitch. I was able to control my speed and volume, while still keeping the audience's attention.
2. Assessments

  • Block Presentation – P+
  • Overall Senior Project – P+/AE-
3. What worked?

  • I would have to say the way I handled problems.  I was able to overcome problems like losing contact with an interviewee, and other things I've mentioned in previous blog posts.  Through slowing down, taking a deep breath, and thinking of a solution, everything worked out as planned.
4. What didn't work?

  • If I had a time machine, I would probably transport myself back to the beginning.  I would figure out a plan on how to remember to post certain blogs on time, and while this hasn't been a big problem, it's worse than I would have liked.  I. Don't. Turn. Things. In. Late.  That's not how I like to be, I'm not content when things are late.  A timeframe is a timeframe, and not meeting my goal is a failure in my eyes.
5. Finding Value

  • Spending 9 months on a single project was eye opening.  It's shown me that slowing down and really taking a look at the inner workings of things, in this specific case, goalkeeping, really allows you to grow my knowledge base to places I never thought possible.  For example, my best answer, "A goalkeeper can best avoid having goals scored against her during a soccer game by being psychologically prepared," was something I never thought of before the project.  For me, when I made a mistake I just brushed it off, but I never really understand the true power of sports psychology and being a good coach.  Of course, if I wish to continue coaching, but I will see where life takes me, I have numerous new contacts I could get in touch with to get a job doing what I love. 

1 comment:

  1. Good job, Sarah. I know you will enjoy your time at Davis!

    ReplyDelete